What Happens to Dogs If They Eat Chocolate?

Answer

Chocolate is toxic to dogs and it can result in death if it is taken in high amounts. Chocolates contain theobromine, which a stimulant that affects the nervous system and the heart muscles. In addition, chocolates have a very high fat content that is not good for dogs.
4 Additional Answers
Ask.com Answer for: what happens to dogs if they eat chocolate
It is not safe for dogs to eat chocolate.
Chocolate can contain high amounts of fat and caffeine-like stimulants known as methylxanthines. If ingested in significant amounts, chocolate can potentially produce clinical effects in dogs ranging from... More >>
Foods Dogs Should Not Eat:
When a dog eats chocolate, it might start vomiting and have diarrhoea because chocolate contains caffeine, theobromine, or theophylline. It may also be toxic to the dog's heart and nervous systems. Dogs should also avoid coffee, tea and other foods that contain caffeine.
Symptoms include vomiting and diarrhea, restlessness, muscle twitching and hyperactivity. If you know your dog had chocolate and any of the signs develop, call a veterinarian right away.
Symptoms include vomiting and diarrhea, restlessness, muscle twitching and hyperactivity. If you know your dog had chocolate and any of the signs develop, call a veterinarian right away.
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com