What Is Oil Made up of?

Answer

Oil can be categorized into two types namely organic and mineral oils. Organic oils are produced by animals, plants and other organisms through natural metabolic processes. Mineral oils are made from ancient fossilized organic materials which geochemical processes and convert into oil.
Q&A Related to "What Is Oil Made up of"
The corn germ contains 85 percent of the oil in the whole kernel, with the remaining 15 percent dispersed in the starchy endosperm. Dent corn (2 yellow corn) is the most widely grown
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5118005_corn-oil-made.ht...
lime and stone.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_limestone_made_u...
Nucleotides are made up of three parts: a 5 carbon sugar, a nitrogenous base, and a phospate group.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_nucleotides_mad...
Nitrogen makes up 78 percent of the air on Earth. Nitrogen-fixing bacteria in soil and water bind that nitrogen in a form that is useful for plant health and growth. Oxygen accounts
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5714263_air-made-up-of_....
2 Additional Answers
The remains of plants and animals create oil in about 150 million years if not tampered with. This is usually done so at the bottom of an ocean that has dried out.
Oil like the other two non renewable energy sources is from decayed animal and plants buried deep within the earth. It is extracted by being pumped above the ground.
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com