What Is Silver Mark 925?

Answer

Silver Mark 925 is a standard mark used to indicate the purity of the silver. The mark shows that there is 925 parts of pure silver per thousand, and is usually stamped on products such as jewellery.
1 Additional Answer
It is a sterling silver. The Standard mark indicates the purity of the silver. The bottom example shows the extra marks that can also be struck, the lion passant, indicating Sterling silver, the date mark lowercase a for 2000.
Q&A Related to "What Is Silver Mark 925"
Pur silver cannot be used in making jewelry as it is extremely malleable and can suffer damage easily. Craftsmen increase the strength of the metal by adding other materials. One
http://answers.ask.com/Fashion_and_Beauty/Beauty/w...
Products marked 925 or .925 are genuine sterling silver, rather than silver plate. The number indicates the metal is 92.5% silver and 7.5% alloy, usually copper.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_.925_mark_...
925 refers to the 92.5 percent content of silver in the alloy. The other 7.5 percent usually consists of copper, which does not change the color of silver but adds to its hardness
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5934871_sterling-silver-...
IBB stands for International Bullion and Metal
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-ibb-mean-...
Explore this Topic
Jewelry may have markings on it to help a consumer identify it. When a piece of jewelry is marked 925 it means that the piece is sterling silver. Sterling silver ...
925 Italy Sterling Silver is a mark awarded to Italian sterling silver. Sterling silver is a highly collectable type of silver, which develops a patina with time ...
The 925 mark in jewellery indicates that 92.5% of the metal is sterling silver and the remaining 7.5% are alloy metals that may vary from product to product. In ...
About -  Privacy -  AskEraser  -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback © 2014 Ask.com