What Is the Opening of a Volcano Called?


The opening of a volcano is called a crater or vent. Volcanoes are normally formed by tectonic movement that takes place at convergent plate boundaries and divergent plate boundaries.
Q&A Related to "What Is the Opening of a Volcano Called"
There is no specific term for all volcanoes. It can be a crater, a vent, a lava
a mountain.
A Dormant Volcano, but it can still errupt.
It can be called an active, dormant or extinct volcano. An active volcano erupts regularly and frequently, however, it might not erupt at some times. A dormant volcano rarely erupts
1 Additional Answer
The opening of a volcano where molten rock and gases escape is called the vent and the bowl like opening is called a crater. Lava is the term used to describe the molten rock that erupts from the volcano.
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com