Where Does Oxygen Come from?

Answer

Oxygen is a significant part of the atmosphere of the earth and of the conditions which allow for life on Earth. There are two sources of oxygen, but the main way in which the Earth generates oxygen for the atmosphere is via photosynthesis which accounts for 98% of the world's oxygen.The other way is through breakup of water molecules by ultraviolet radiation which composes the other 1-2%.
Q&A Related to "Where Does Oxygen Come from?"
The sun's rays are the first step in the process of photosynthesis. Sunlight hits the plant and parts of the plant's cells called chloroplasts absorb the light's energy. When water
http://www.ehow.com/facts_7426595_oxygen-liberated...
There is 2 answers, the first one is from trees and planst, they "eat" co2 and "dump" 02 only in daytime because photosyntesis and the second one is fron electrolysis
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_oxygen_come_fro...
Oxygen is made inside stars. It proceeds by a number of nuclear reactions, such as the fusion of helium. It proceeds relatively slowly in the sun, which is only on the order of
http://www.quora.com/Where-did-the-oxygen-on-Earth...
Gravity holds things to the Earth. Oxygen can't get very far from the Earth
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-come-there's-no...
2 Additional Answers
Ask.com Answer for: where does oxygen come from
Oxygen comes from trees and other plants. This plants give us oxygen to breathe and interact. Oxygen is colorless and helps the environment run smoothly.
Explore this Topic
Green plants produce the oxygen that humans and other animals require for life. Plants produce this oxygen via photosynthesis. Photosynthesis is the process by ...
Compressed oxygen comes in various cylinder sizes. The sizes are then labeled with letters to allow the medical supply store the ability to differentiate between ...
The normal phase of oxygen is as a gas. The oxygen is colorless, tasteless and odorless in its gas form. Oxygen can also come in a liquid form that has a blue ...
About -  Privacy -  Careers -  Ask Blog -  Mobile -  Help -  Feedback  -  Sitemap  © 2014 Ask.com