Brown mold is a type of mold that grows in damp, dark places and can be harmful to humans in large amounts. It is commonly found in bathrooms and in areas that are not cleaned well.Know More
Brown mold is a generic type of mold and can be found in colors that range from a dark brown to an almost white. It is called cladosporium and is a very common household mold. As well as in bathrooms, it can also be found in kitchens, laundry rooms, basements and other areas that never completely dry out. For brown mold to survive, it needs to have moisture and a food source. It also requires some sort of darkness before it can thrive. Brown mold can feed off carpet, flooring, drywall and even materials in the home.
Any type of mold can be dangerous to the health, but brown mold is less harmful than the most toxic black mold (stachybotrys). Anyone experiencing a mold problem should take immediate action to prevent sinus issues, headaches and more serious health issues. The CDC recommends that people clean the mold with bleach but never with ammonia. The agency also recommends that people who are dealing with a mold problem allow better ventilation to the area and that if the mold problem is extreme, they contact their local chapter for the environmental protection agency.Learn more about Biology
While experts can sometimes determine which type of mold is growing on a surface by its appearance, they turn to laboratory testing to make the final determination. Most people recommend calling experts to inspect the mold, but homeowners can also collect their own samples to send to a laboratory.Full Answer >
Along with fat and carbohydrates, protein is considered a "macro-nutrient," which means that the body requires large amounts of it; however, unlike fat and carbohydrates, the body does not store protein, so it needs to be acquired through the diet, according to WebMD.Full Answer >
A few species of moths ingest plants that contain cardenolides, a group of poisons that affect the heart muscle and are dangerous to humans when eaten. Otherwise moths are harmless. Moths do not bite or sting, and they have many beneficial effects on the ecosystem.Full Answer >
Gasoline fumes are harmful in large amounts. The poisonous ingredients in gasoline leads to serious and potentially permanent lung damage. Direct inhalation of gasoline causes carbon monoxide poisoning. In smaller doses, gasoline vapors result in nose and throat irritation, dizziness and breathing difficulties.Full Answer >