Q:

How many amps does it take to kill you?

A:

It takes between 0.1 and 0.2 amps to kill a human being. Shocks above 0.2 amps are not considered to be lethal because a human can be revived from that voltage if the victim receives immediate medical attention.

A current over 0.2 amps is likely to cause severe burns and stop a person's breathing. Shocks that are above 0.2 amps are strong enough to make the heart shut down long enough to protect itself from the damage of the electrical current running through the body. This is why a person can be revived from a shock of over 0.2 amps.


Is this answer helpful?

Similar Questions

Explore