Hawai'i has seven primary volcanoes, out of which three are currently active. The eight primary islands that make up the state of Hawai'i are part of a series of volcanoes.Know More
The state of Hawai'i encompasses most of the Hawai'ian archepelago, a volcanic region in Oceania. The islands of which the state is comprised are themselves the tops of shield volcanoes that formed at the Hawai'ian Hotspot. The seven primary volcanoes of Hawai'i are
Kilauea has had 62 eruptions during the past 245 years, making it the world's most active volcano. Mauna Loa is also very active, with 15 eruptions since 1900.
Haulalai is considered an active volcano due to the its earthquake activity. It has not erupted since 1801 but is considered the third most active volcano behind Kilauea and Mauna Loa. Lo'ihi last erupted in 1996.Learn more about Earth Science
The Earth's total surface area is nearly 197 million square miles. Approximately 71 percent of the Earth's surface area is covered in water, and the remaining 29 percent is land. The Earth's total land surface area is about 57 million square miles.Full Answer >
On the periodic tables, there are 26 manmade elements that have atomic numbers from 93 to 118. These elements are called transuranic elements because their atomic numbers are higher than 92, which is the atomic number of uranium. Some of these manmade elements are neptunium, nobelium, fermium, lawrencium, curium and plutonium.Full Answer >
In the month of January, between 1.5 to 2 minutes of daylight are gained each day. In February, about 2 1/2 minutes of daylight are gained each day.Full Answer >
The number of biomes in the world varies depending on how each biome is categorized. Some contend that there are five major types of biomes, while others say that there are nine or even 14 biomes.Full Answer >