NFL teams stay at the hotels that most closely match the criteria as established by each teams management staff. According to Forbes and USA Today, this criteria may range from the type of food available to the ease at which the player buses can load or unload.Know More
Some of the criteria used for hotel selection by an NFL team include:
1) Track Record: The hotel's past performance in hosting a team is of major importance.
2) Food: This is one of the most important factors. NFL teams want to make sure the food is nutritious and consistent.
3) Security: NFL teams want the athletes to be left alone so they can focus on the game. They do not want distractions due to fans of the team or fans of the opposition. They also want to make sure the athletes are safe and protected.
4) Transportation: It is important that the hotel is easily accessible from the airport. Also, once arriving at the hotel, there needs to be sufficient room and ease of access for the team buses to load and unload quickly.
5) Distance to the stadium: NFL teams prefer to be located in downtown areas close to the stadium.
6) Bathroom Size: Are the bathtubs and shower heads of the proper size and height to allow use by NFL athletes.
7) Flexibility: Is the hotel flexible enough to meet the changing needs of the team.
8) Meeting Rooms: The NFL teams use the meeting rooms not just to meet. They sometimes use them as practice fields to perform walk through drills. They also set up meeting rooms to provide chapel service.
In summary, each NFL team has established criteria that meet the team needs. The selection of the hotel by each team is based on that team’s criteria.Learn more about American Football
As of 2014, there are six NFL teams that do not have official or regular groups of cheerleaders. These teams are the Green Bay Packers, the Detroit Lions, the New York Giants, the Chicago Bears and the Cleveland Browns. There are 26 NFL teams that have cheerleading squads.Full Answer >
The only NFL team that does not have a logo on the helmet is the Cleveland Browns. Instead of a logo, the helmet is simply colored orange with alternating stripes of brown and white lines going down the mid-line.Full Answer >
As of 2014, there are 13 teams in the National Football League that have never won a Super Bowl, including four teams that have never even played in the Super Bowl. The National Football Conference's Detroit Lions and the American Football Conference's Jacksonville Jaguars, Cleveland Browns and Houston Texans have never even played in a Super Bowl, much less won the game.Full Answer >
As of the 2013-2014 NFL season, the Jacksonville Jaguars, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions and Houston Texans are the four teams that have never been to a Super Bowl. The Browns and Lions won NFL championships as recently as 1964 and 1957, respectively, but that was before the Super Bowl era.Full Answer >