Web technology is the establishment and use of mechanisms that make it possible for different computers to communicate and share resources. Web technologies are infrastructural building blocks of any effective computer network: Local Area Network (LAN), Metroplitan Area Network (MAN) or a Wide Area Network (WAN), such as the Internet. Communication on a computer could never be as effective as they are without the plethora of web technologies in existence.Know More
Computers and other network devices need to communicate. A mechanism must make it possible for a computer to communicate with another computer on the same network or another network. The mechanism must ensure that a message moves from the sender to the recipient, enable the receiver to retrieve the message and send feedback, and acknowledge reception or failure of communication.
According to Microsoft.com, some examples of web technologies include:
1) Mark-up languages including HTML, CSS, XML, CGI and HTTP;
2) Programming Languages and Technologies which help in creating applications for the web; some of the languages are Perl, C#, Java and Visual Basic .Net;
3) Web servers and server technologies which facilitate request handling on a network where different users have to share the same resources and communicate with one another;
4) Databases, which are crucial for data and information storage on a computer network; and
5) Business applications customized for specific execution of tasks on a network.
In short, web technology provides a platform for effective communication among different users and devices on a computer network.Learn more about Internet & Networking
A Web server is software that allows users or clients to access the files that form Web pages. Every computer that contains a website must have a Web server to deliver it. The term may also refer to the entire system, including the computer unit and software.Full Answer >
Web hosting is a service that allows individuals and organizations to have a website made available via the World Wide Web. Web hosts are usually based out of a data center that contains servers used to store the data that makes up the client websites.Full Answer >
Web design is the process of designing the look and functionality of website pages. A Web designer spends her time developing the look and feel of websites to make them both functional and visually pleasing.Full Answer >