Web Results


If you have been subpoenaed to come to court and testify, the party who issued the subpoena obviously believes your testimony will be helpful ...


The information a witness gives in court is called testimony and is used as evidence to ... At this stage you do not have to answer their questions unless you want to; but if ... If you receive a subpoena, you should arrange for time off work and for ...


As a general rule, a court can force you to testify after sending you a subpoena informing you what testimony they need. ... If you do not fall into any of these categories, it may well be the case that you have to testify. However, it may be a good idea for a witness to consult with an ... Get Legal Forms. Visit our Legal Forms site.


If I Received a Subpoena, Do I Have to Go to Court Even if I Don't Want to Pursue ... the alleged victim does not want to show up to testify against the defendant.


May 11, 2015 ... So, if you've been subpoenaed and do not want to testify, consult with a ... ( FindLaw's Blotter); Gays Get Spousal, Marital Privileges in Fed.


Mar 25, 2015 ... If a witness will not voluntarily come to court, then that person can be subpoenaed. ... A subpoena is a court order that gives a person a legal obligation to appear and testify in court. Are there any Ways to Get Out of Testifying?


May 4, 2016 ... If you need to bring anything as evidence, you will be instructed to do so in the ... You will receive a $40 witness fee for each day your are required to be in ... If you are testifying at a criminal trial, the defendant must be present in ... Your subpoena will indicate which courthouse, what courtroom, and when ...


Mar 10, 2015 ... A subpoena is actually a court order telling you to appear at a legal proceeding, so you ... Can I Refuse If an Attorney Orders Me to Testify? If you have not received a formal subpoena, and you are not a party to the lawsuit, you ...


What if I receive a subpoena that says I have to appear somewhere other than a court? ... What if my testimony may get me into trouble? ... It can be issued by a judge or court clerk, a prosecutor or defense attorney, or an investigator for the DA ...