Web Results


My employer has filed for bankruptcy and has not paid me for all of my time worked. ... laws (or if you are not covered by the federal law, you should contact the agency ... If your state does not have a specific law covering this situation, then you ...


Learn more about unpaid wage and back pay laws, minimum wages, unpaid ... The names of managers or owners; The type of work you did; How and when you were ... The services WHD provides are free and confidential, whether or not you are ... If back wages are owed, the employer will be asked to pay back wages and  ...


Jun 12, 2015 ... If your employer suddenly stops paying you, either with a promise to make ... Make sure you get personal contact info for everyone you can, go to your ... How are you going to ensure this does not happen to employees again?


Feb 28, 2017 ... An employer cannot withhold pay as punishment — if an employee ... How Does Bankruptcy Affect My Responsibility to Pay Employees?


If the regular payday for the last pay period an employee worked has passed and the employee has not been paid, contact the Department of Labor's Wage and ...


When an employer fails to pay as required, an employee can file a civil lawsuit or seek ... However, if this is not the case, then a notice will typically be sent to all ...


Assessment of the waiting time penalty does not require that the employer intended ... I asked if he would call me so I could come pickup my check, and he told me "no," ... If you do so, and wages are not paid, waiting time penalties may apply.


Jun 28, 2012 ... A persistent failure to pay employees could be a signal a company is ... So what are your legal rights if an employer does not pay you for work ...


A reader writes: Can my former employer reduce my pay to minimum wage for hours already worked because I did not give a two-week notice? ... In order to resolve this, I'll need to receive the $__ still owed to me, no later than (date). ... is to contact your state department of labor and file a wage complaint.


If your employer does not pay you by the mandated payday, the legal steps that you can take ... Contact your state's department of labor for its minimum payday ...