Web Results


Aug 11, 2016 ... To get a judgment against you, someone would have to file a lawsuit. ... To learn more about what happens before a lawsuit, read Timeline of a ... the lawsuit and enter the judgment just because you failed to put up a defense.


Apr 20, 2017 ... In order to get a judgment against you, the creditor or collector must take ... The judgment will be filed with the court, and once that happens, it is ...


Sep 9, 2013 ... ... get a judgment? Learn the answer, then put together an action plan to avoid one. ... What Happens When A Judgment Is Entered Against You.


Learn about the many ways creditors can collect on judgments. ... Once a judgment is entered against you, the creditor is now called a judgment .... other creditor who placed a lien on your property before the judgment creditor will be paid first.


Even if you do not have the money to pay the debt, always go to court when you are ... you a copy of the execution and take your car or put a lien on your house.


A court may decide in your favor, but it won't collect the judgment for you. So, before you sue, always ask yourself: Can I collect if I win? If you can't, think twice  ...


The court ordered the debtor to pay you, but collecting your judgment (the money owed to you), may ... You have 10 years to collect your Judgment. After the 10 ... How do I put a lien on the debtor's real ... What happens after I get my money?


May 29, 2012 ... So what exactly is a default judgment? After you are served with a lawsuit you have a certain amount of time to respond (usually 20-30 days ...


Jan 15, 2014 ... There are only 3 ways to get rid of a judgment: 1) Vacate it; 2) Satisfy it; or 3) Discharge it. In your analysis of which approach is best for you, ...