Web Results
ster┬Ěling
[stur-ling]
ADJECTIVE
1.
of, relating to, or noting British money: The sterling equivalent is #5.50.
2.
(of silver) having the standard fineness of 0.925.
3.
made of silver of this fineness: a sterling teapot.
4.
thoroughly excellent: a man of sterling worth.
NOUN
5.
British currency.
More Definitions
Fewer Definitions
Source: Dictionary.com

Sterling silver

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_silver

Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by mass of silver and 7.5% by ... The first legal definition of sterling silver appeared in 1275, when a statute of ...

what is the difference between silver and sterling silver? - Askville

askville.amazon.com/difference-silver-sterling/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=74784209

Often, sterling silver and silver are described as the same thing, but in reality, ... " Does S.S.I.mean a piece of jewelry is silver" (2 answers).

Sterling Silver Jewelry : What is Real Silver and What is Not | eBay

www.ebay.com/gds/Sterling-Silver-Jewelry-What-is-Real-Silver-and-What-is-Not-/10000000177705458/g.html

Sterling and Silver are interchangeable words meaning the same. Such is not the case when a seller is referring to color. A listing may say "Silver Chain"; this ...

Sterling silver - definition of sterling silver by The Free Dictionary

www.thefreedictionary.com/sterling silver

An alloy of 92.5 percent silver with copper or another metal. 2. Objects made of this alloy. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.

Sterling Silver vs. Pure Silver: What Is the Difference? - Jewelry Notes

www.jewelrynotes.com/sterling-silver-vs-pure-silver-what-is-the-difference/

Silver and sterling silver are terms that are often used interchangeably, but they do not always mean the same thing. Let's take a look at how jewelry marked as ...

Real silver vs. sterling silver, page 1 - Finishing

www.finishing.com/274/88.shtml

A. Fine silver is 99.9 percent pure or more, but it is very soft and unsuitable for most uses, Katherina. Sterling silver is defined as 92.5 percent pure or higher.

Difference between pure silver and sterling silver - Finishing

www.finishing.com/204/43.shtml

A. Sterling silver means at least 92.5 percent silver, Dianne; see letter 27488 for more info. "Silver" without any adjective doesn't sound to me like it means ...

Sterling | Define Sterling at Dictionary.com

dictionary.reference.com/browse/sterling

(of silver) having the standard fineness of 0.925. 3. made of silver of this fineness: a sterling teapot. 4. thoroughly excellent: a man of sterling worth. noun. 5.

Sterling Silver - Facets Gem & Mineral Gallery

www.4facets.com/jasilver.html

Silver is an element that occurs naturally in the earth and is generally considered too soft in its pure form for practical use ...

Answer
sterling silver | Define sterling silver at Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/sterling silver
The world's most popular free online dictionary with definitions, spell check, word origins, example sentences, audio pronunciations, Word of the Day and more!
Popular Q&A
Q: What's the definition of sterling silver?
A: sterling silver: a silver alloy with no more than 7.5% copper Read More »
Source: www.kgbanswers.com
Q: What is the definition of sterling silver?
A: The traditional definition of sterling silver is that it is an alloy made of 92.5% pure silver and no more than 7.5% copper. Read More »
Source: www.jpsilverjewelry.com
Q: What is the definition of sterling silver.
A: By international agreement the definition of sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% other metal usually copper. Sterling silver is usually the better opt... Read More »
Source: www.answers.com
Q: What is the definition of sterling silver?
A: Sterling silver is any metal that is composed of at least 925 parts per thousand of silver. The remaining 7.5 percent is usually copper, but it can be comprised... Read More »
Source: www.answerbag.co.uk
Q: What Is Sterling Silver 925?
A: 925 refers to the 92.5 percent content of silver in the alloy. The other 7.5 percent usually consists of copper, which does not change the color of silver but a... Read More »
Source: www.ehow.com