Web Results

Mouthpiece (woodwind) - Wikipedia


Single-reed instrument mouthpieces are basically wedge ... tip of the mouthpiece and the tip of the reed is known as the ...

The Clarinets - The Instrument - Mouthpiece and Lay


Ancient woodwind instruments did not have the mouthpiece separated from the ... (which is called the table) is slightly concave and the tip opening is convex.

Mouthpiece - definition of mouthpiece by The Free Dictionary


mouthpiece. (ˈmaʊθˌpiːs). n. 1. (Instruments) the part of a wind instrument into which the player blows. 2. (Telecommunications) the part of a telephone ...

Instruments of the Orchestra: The Woodwind Family


Metal caps called keys cover the holes of most woodwind instruments. The mouthpieces for some woodwinds, including the clarinet, oboe and bassoon, use a ...

Brass Instrument Mouthpieces - HyperPhysics


The mouthpieces of different brass instruments are significantly different and ... This so-called "lip reed" action of the lips provides the brass player with a wide ...

Polymers in Woodwind Instruments


But most woodwind instruments are made of or contain polymers. ... A plastic recorder also needs an oil called "recorder cream" - a petrolium product much like Vaseline - on the joints so that it ... The ABS resin piccolo has a metal mouthpiece,

Mouthpiece hygiene - Stephen Howard Woodwind


A study on the issues of mouthpiece hygiene. ... These are known as ' commensals' - they're just part of the natural microbial flora of the human body. .... the mouthpieces and internal surfaces of woodwind and brass instruments": University of ...

Music for Kids: How Woodwind Instruments Work - Ducksters


Kids learn about how woodwind music instruments work. ... By blowing air into or across the mouthpiece, the musician creates vibrations that make ... or vibrations are made when the air travels across a thin piece of wood called a reed.

Brass instrument (lip reed) acoustics: an introduction


This page explains the physics of brass instruments (technically the lip reed family). ... shapes; The effect of the bell; The effect of the mouthpiece; Resonances and pedal notes ... The number of vibrations per second is called the frequency (f).

Parts O The Woodwind Single Reed Mouthpiece


As with the brass instruments, the shape of the interior of the mouthpiece can ... the tip of the mouthpiece and the tip of the reed is known as the tip opening.

More Info

wind instrument - Infoplease


The wind passage of a wind instrument is called the bore and may be ... and brass instruments are now best distinguished according to their mouthpieces, since ...

Mouthpieces - Brass/Woodwinds - Musical Instruments - Products ...


Introducing Yamaha Mouthpieces . ... A brass instrument mouthpiece is much more than an add-on accessory. It is a vital part of your instrument. Mouthpieces ...

Woodwind Mouthpieces - Clarinet Mouthpieces


Mike Vaccaro Sax and Clarinet Mouthpieces specializes in making clarinet ... Instrument makers are in the business of making woodwind instruments, and .... Some mouthpiece designs have what is called a rollover in this area, which helps  ...