Web Results

Glass rod


A stirring rod is used for mixing liquid. Chemical reactions often require agitation to proceed, and the stir rod serves as a way for a scientist ...

What is the function of a stirring rod? | Reference.com


The primary function of a stirring rod is to stir solutions by hand. Stirring rods have other uses in the laboratory, however, including helping to decant liquid from containers, breaking up... ... the solution. Learn more about Chemistry. Sources:.

Glass Stirring Rods


Name: Glass Stirring Rods. Sizes: various. Uses: Used in all chemistry courses. Used to stir solutions, sometimes to scrape things off walls of flasks, and ...

Amazon.com: Stirring Rods - Lab Utensils: Industrial & Scientific


Results 1 - 16 of 569 ... Online shopping for Stirring Rods - Lab Utensils from a great selection at ... and generally helps to speed up chemical reactions in lab containers. ... Stirring rods are used to mix chemicals and liquids, and can be found in ...

Stirring Rods & Stirring Paddles for the Lab - Capitol Scientific


A rubber policeman is a hand-held flexible natural-rubber scraper attached to a glass rod used in chemical laboratories to transfer residues of precipitate or solid  ...

lab equipment and uses - Mr. Kretsos - Sites - Google


COMMONLY ENCOUNTERED EQUIPMENT IN THE CHEMISTRY ... brushes, Used to easily clean the inside of a test tubes and other glassware. ... glass stir rod

Laboratory Equipment > Glassware


Jul 7, 2004 ... Beakers are glass cylinders used for mixing and heating chemicals. ... of choice for stirring rods due to its resistance to chemical reactivity.

Stirring Rod | Glass - Home Science Tools


Use this solid glass stirring rod to mix chemical solutions. It has a 5-6 mm diameter and is 6 or 150 cm long with fire polished ends.

Lab equipment - SlideShare


Feb 21, 2011 ... Glass Stirring Rod • a piece of lab equipment used to mix chemicals and ... piece of glass used in chemistry as a surface to evaporate a liquid, ...

How to Use a Glass Stirring Rod | eHow


How to Use a Glass Stirring Rod. Glass stirring rods are primarily used in science laboratories for chemistry or biology experiements. Because the glass is thick, ...

More Info

What is the function of glass rod? | Reference.com


Glass stirring rods are primarily used in science laboratories for chemistry or biology experiments. Stirring rods are important because stirring a solution, which is ...

Chemistry for Kids: Chemistry Lab Equipment - Ducksters


Kids learn about the lab equipment used for chemistry experiments such as beakers, flasks, test tubes, stirring rods, pipettes, bunsen burners, gloves, goggles, ...

Stirring rod use - Answers.com


As the name suggests, it is a rod used to stir substances to increase rate of the substance in ... Glass stirring rods are often used in chemistry because they are mostly inert (with the exception of a few substances such as hot phosphoric acid).