Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by weight of silver and 7.5%
by weight of other metals, usually copper. The sterling silver standard has a
minimum millesimal fineness of 925. ...
If you're considering buying 925 Sterling Silver, you will no doubt want to know
the difference between pure silver and 925 sterling silver. Well, pure silver is not
Sterling and Silver are interchangeable words meaning the same. Such is ...
Sterling Silver will be marked with either a makers mark or .925 or both. The only
Sep 16, 2014 ... A piece of jewelry is defined as "sterling silver" when its metal ... will recognize
this as a hallmarked stamp that reads “.925” on their piece.
A legal definition, often changing over time, requiring a certain Standard of
Fineness ... In Great Britain the .925 Standard of Fineness was laid down in 1238
What Does a “925” Mark Mean When Stamped on Gold Jewelry? ... 925 is a
standard sign used to mark sterling silver, and the meaning of the stamp is that
Q. I have come across some sterling silver jewelry marked 925, but I am not sure
if the dealer may be unscrupulous and just marked it as such, and maybe it is ...
"925 Italy" is only found on sterling silver, meaning silver that is actually a mixture
of silver with other metals. "925 Italy" does not give any information as to which ...
Silver stamped ".925 FAS" is made of 92.5 percent silver, and the remaining 7.5
percent can include a combination of other alloy metals. These other metals may
A 925 stamp inside a silver-colored ring means the ring is made of sterling silver,
but inside a gold-colored ring, it means the ring is made of Vermeil, which is ...