As of June of 2014, England's population is 53.9 million, and the United Kingdom's total population is 64.1 million. England contains 84 percent of the U.K.'s total population.
The population grows 0.7 percent each year on average, and more than half of that growth comes from births. As of 2014, approximately 30 percent of the U.K. population is age 24 and younger, 41 percent is age 25 to 54, and the remaining 29 percent is age 55 and older. More than 9 million people live in London, and another 4.5 million live in Birmingham and Manchester. More than 87 percent of the U.K. population is white, 3 percent is black and 2.3 percent is Asian.Learn More
As of 2014, 1.033 billion people are living in Africa, according to World Population Review. It is the second-largest and second most populous continent after Asia. The most populous country in Africa is Nigeria with an estimated 173,611,131 people.Full Answer >
Most people in India live in the rural areas; they account for 73 percent of the total population. The remaining 27 percent live in the cities and towns.Full Answer >
An aging population refers to a phenomenon in which the median age of the population in a region or country rises significantly when compared to the total population. This is caused by a declining birth rate or rising life expectancy.Full Answer >
Chembakolli is made up of approximately 100 households scattered among the trees of a thickly forested valley, according to Action Aid. The village is one of several situated in the Nilgiri Hills of southern India, and it is one of about 200 similar villages in the Tamil Nadu state.Full Answer >