Are you trying to access a website that has been blocked? Whether it’s your office, school, or some other entity stifling the accessibility of a website, there are some ways to get around the block and access the website you’re looking for. Here, we’ll show you how to block and unblock website access on both your computer and phone.
How To Access Blocked Websites
One way to access blocked websites is by using a web-proxy. A web-proxy allows you to surf the internet anonymously and bypass restrictions. There are many free web-proxies available on the internet. However, most of them are not reliable and may even contain malware.
Another way to access blocked websites is through a VPN (Virtual Private Network). A VPN encrypts your traffic and routes it through a server in another country. This allows you to bypass geo-restrictions and access any website from anywhere in the world.
Unblock Access: Why Can’t I Access a Website?
Frustrated that you can’t unblock access to a site? Here are some of the most common reasons that would affect the accessibility of a website:
- The website is down for maintenance: This is usually announced ahead of time on the website or through social media.
- The website is down for legal reasons: Sometimes, websites may be taken down by court order or government request.
- The website has been hacked: If a website has been hacked, it may be taken down by the hosting company or administrators to protect visitors from malicious content.
- Your ISP blocks the website: In some countries, ISPs may block access to certain websites due to government censorship laws.
- The website is experiencing technical difficulties: Even the most well-built websites can experience technical difficulties from time to time.
How To Fix Access Denied Website on Mac Computer
If you’re having trouble accessing a website on your Mac computer, you may see the message “Access Denied.” This can happen for several reasons, and fortunately, there are a few things you can try to get around the issue and unblock access.
- First, check to ensure that the website you’re trying to access is up and running.
- Next, try opening the site in a different web browser. If you’re using Safari, try opening the site in Chrome or Firefox.
- If the site is still not loading, it’s possible that your computer is being blocked from accessing it. This can happen if the site is on a blacklist or your ISP is blocking access.
- Finally, you can try using a VPN if you’re still having trouble accessing the site.
Unblock Access: Why Can’t I Access Some Websites on My Phone?
Here are some of the most common reasons why you might not be able to access certain websites on your phone:
- The website is not optimized for mobile devices.
- Your phone’s browser is out-of-date.
- The website is experiencing technical difficulties.
- You don’t have an active internet connection.
- Your service provider blocks the website.
How To Block Access to a Website
If you’re using Google Chrome, there are two methods that you can use to block access to a website. The first method is to download and install an extension like Block Site for its ease of use and comprehensive list of features.
If you don’t want to install an extension, you can also block access to a website by editing the hosts file on your computer. The hosts file is a system file that maps hostnames to IP addresses, and you can use it to block websites by redirecting them to a non-existent IP address.